Butajiru (Pork Miso Soup)
Miso soup with pork. Very popular and traditional Japanese food. Great side dish but since pork is in the soup, some pepole eat this soup with just rice like main dish. Actually it is quite filling soup. When you get lots of onions, potatoes, carrots, get miso paste and pork too. Other typical ingredients are daikon, shiitake mushroom, burdock. It is getting cold, this is a great food that warms you up!
- 0.7-0.8lb Pork Loin Sliced Sirloin Chop
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Russet potato
- 1 Onion
- 6 oz Tofu
- 2 Scallions
- 4 cup Dashi Stock
- 4 tablespoon Miso
- 1.Cut pork into bite sized pieces. Cut carrot and potato into half inch thick semicircular. Cut tofu into small cubes. Chop scallions.
- 2.Heat the saucepan and cook pork and onion until brown. Add carrot, potato and stir fry them.
- 3.Add dashi. Bring it boil.
- 4.Cook over medium heat until all vegetables soften removing the scum periodically.
- 5.Turn off the heat and dissolve miso in the saucepan. Then add tofu and scallion.
- 6.Pour the soup in the bowl and serve.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 40 minutes