Bulgogi is one of the most popular Korean BBQ dishes. This recipe is for bulgogi marinade, which you can use for any type of meat. For the full instructions on meat preparation and cooking, see this bulgogi recipe
- 4 cups of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup soju (Korean wine)
- ½ cup Mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 3½ cups of water
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 1 medium sized red delicious apple (about 8 oz)
- ½ medium sized pear
- 1 ginger root (about 6-8 oz)
- 6 oz of peeled garlic
- Core apple and pear; slice very thinly. Wash ginger root carefully; thinly slice. Slice garlic thinly too.
- In a saucepan, pour soy sauce, soju, mirin, water and sugar. Stir well until sugar dissolves.
- Add all the ingredients to the soy sauce; bring it to a boil and simmer it on a medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a fine colander, drain and squeeze out the liquid using the cheese cloth; discard all the leftover ingredients. Let it cool and store in a jar or airtight plastic container -- it will keep in refrigerator for a long time. You can use this immediately to marinate all sorts of meat, including beef sirloin (for bulgogi), or chicken, pork, etc.
Serving Size: n/a
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes