A delicious side dish, usually eaten with other curries and rice.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2" piece fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, deseeded & sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tomato, skin & core removed, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- Boil the potatoes in water with a little 2 tsp salt and the turmeric until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a karahi or deep frying pan and fry the finely chopped onion for about 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, garam masala, cumin and chilli powder, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 tsp of salt, the sliced onion, capsicum, tomato puree, lemon juice and cut tomato, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the pan. Mix well and serve immediately sprinkled with coriander.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 25 minutes