Black Sesame Ice Cream
Kurogoma Aisukurimu 黒ゴマソフトクリーム
Craving a sweet but nutty ice cream? Try this simple black sesame ice cream recipe, a popular dessert at Japanese restaurants.
- 1/4 cup ground black sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/8 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat the cream, salt, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir together the egg yolks in a bowl and gradually add some of the warmed cream mixture, stirring constantly as you pour. Pour the warmed yolks back into the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the custard thickens. Add the sesame seeds. Set aside to chill. Add the sesame oil right before starting the ice cream maker.
- Pour black sesame dessert liquid into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. The black sesame ice cream will be soft after churning but firms up after freezing. After the black sesame ice cream is finished in the ice cream maker, transfer to an airtight container. Cover tightly and freeze until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 2
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes