Best Vegetable Stock
This recipe can be made in advance and frozen. My family normally doubles the batch and freeze half in freezer-friendly containers. This vegetable stock recipe can be used as the basis for great soups such as hot and sour soup or congee.
- 5 cups of water
- 2 carrots, clean and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup napa cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, washed (include the roots)
- 3 peppercorns
- In a large stockpot, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes and reduce to medium-low and simmer for 40 minutes. Skim the broth from time to time.
- Strain the broth and discard ingredients.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 45 minutes