Asian Style Spicy Rice and Shrimp Slaw
I enjoy creating salads using fresh produce from my garden and dressing the salads with my favorite Asian flavored spices. This recipe is perfect for a luncheon party or for a dinner buffet.
- 4 cups angel hair coleslaw
- 2 cups just cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 pound cooked peeled large shrimp
- 1/4 cup red radish strips
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp snipped mint
- 1 Tbsp snipped basil
- 2 Tbsp plum sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp minced ginger root
- black sesame seeds
- Combine ingredients for the slaw in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for the dressing till well blended.
- Toss the dressing with the slaw to evenly coat.
- Place the slaw on a platter and garnish with the sesame seeds.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes