Achat (Cucumber Pickle Relish)
Organic and fresh cucumbers work best for this achat, cucumber relish recipe. It's quick and easy - the perfect complement to spicy dishes like curries!
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 small Thai bird's eye chili chili peppers (phrik khi nu - พริกขี้หนู)
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the sliced cucumbers, red onion, shallots, cilantro and Thai chili peppers. Make sure the ingredients are well coated with the vinegar dressing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (up to 5 hours). Periodically stir the mixture to make sure the cucumbers are covered and marinating.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes